These bizarre pregnancy facts could surprise even a seasoned mother.
Every time I think I know everything there is to know about pregnancy, more information pops up and slaps me in the face. Granted, I’m gay and I don’t have a uterus and will probably never know all there is to know about baby-making, but I like to think I do my part by sharing random tidbits I find here and there, and by supporting all the fertile women the universe has put in my realm. And so, these 10 bizarre pregnancy facts were a surprise to me, so I thought I would share them.
- Nipple stimulation is the only scientifically proven way to induce labor. So instead of walking around the block, drinking red wine while also eating spicy chili, or schtupping your baby daddy, just sit at home and play with your boobs, soon-to-be-moms.
2. Babies can taste the food their mothers eat in the womb. So basically green juice will make your baby angry.
READ MORE: Six Embarrassing Pregnancy Portraits
3. There are more twins born in Central Africa than anywhere else in the world.
4. Starting in the second trimester, babies pee in the womb. Then, they drink it. Then, they pee again. Kids are gross.
5. Amniotic fluid is mostly sterile urine. Refer to fact number 4, please.
6. Pregnant women and new moms can lactate automatically if they hear a baby cry. Boobs are sometimes like faucets that can’t be shut off. *drip, drip, drip…*
7. Rabbits, dogs, pigs, whales, and humans all start out as eggs around the same size (0.2mm).
8. One in every 2,000 babies is born with a tooth. Speaking of painful boobs…
9. A woman’s uterus expands to more than 500 times its normal size when she has a bun in the oven. In many cases it never full contracts again.
10. A woman’s heart grows when she is pregnant in order to accommodate the increased blood flow in the body. This also happens to the feet, but that is way less romantic. This is our favorite of the bizarre pregnancy facts, obviously, because it’s a wee bit romantic.[ via ] [ via ]