Kick your weight loss into high gear with these 10 awesome foods that increase metabolism!
The way you eat can make or break your weight loss efforts. If you eat the wrong foods, you’ll slow your attempts to lose weight–making it much harder to burn calories and fat. Eat the right foods, however, and you’ll increase your chances of losing weight by boosting your metabolism.
Here are 10 foods that increase metabolism to give your body and your dinnerplate a boost:
- Almonds — Nuts are one of the healthiest foods on the planet, and almonds are the best of the bunch! Not only are they supremely rich in nutrients–such as carbs, protein, and minerals–but you get healthy fats that will keep your metabolism churning away all day long. Both the fiber and the Vitamin E in almonds will kick your metabolism into high gear.
- Blueberries –– For protection from disease, look no further than blueberries. The little berries are loaded with antioxidants, which will protect your body from oxidative stress. By eliminating free radicals, blueberries will help to keep your metabolism burning at top speeds.
- Salmon –– Salmon is one of the best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids, a type of unsaturated fat that will do wonders for your brain, heart, joints, and body overall. The fatty acids in salmon will help your metabolism burn properly, and will reduce oxidative stress on your body.
- Whey Protein — This is one of the best types of protein around, and it is guaranteed to keep your metabolism firing on all cylinders. After all, your body needs more protein to build muscles and more carbs to burn for energy, and whey protein contains plenty of both.
- Spinach –– You may not become the next Popeye, but eating your spinach is one of the best ways to be healthy. Spinach protects you from all sorts of disease, and you can reduce your risk of cancer, heart disease, and so many others thanks to the massive quantities of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants contained in the leafy green.
READ MORE: Health Benefits of Algae
- Oats –– Oats are rich in fiber, which helps to aid in digestion and promote healthy elimination of waste. You’ll find that eating oats also provides your body with healthy fat, which will keep your body burning at top speeds. Oats are the perfect way to start off the day.
- Green Tea –– The antioxidants in green tea will help to target stubborn belly fat specifically, and will give your metabolism a boost. Green tea is one of the best weight loss foods around, as it will help to speed up your metabolism and protect your body from free radicals.
- Turkey –-Turkey is one of the best animal proteins around. Not only is it fairly low in fat, but it contains A LOT of protein. It’s loaded in B vitamins and minerals like potassium, all of which will help to keep your metabolism working at top speeds. In fact, B vitamins are directly linked to metabolic function, so getting more B vitamins is the best way to fire up that fat burning furnace!
- Water –-Who knew that water would be such an awesome metabolism-boosting food? Or drink, in this case! Your body is made up of roughly 66% water, meaning that you need a lot of liquid to keep yourself going every day. Without enough water, your body begins to slow down, and you see the signs of dehydration.
- Psyllium Husk –- As one of the best fiber supplements around, psyllium husk is a great metabolism-boosting food to add to your diet. Not only will it help to improve your digestion, but it will balance your intestinal pH.