The health benefits of cabbage are plentiful, so grab some coleslaw and read on:
Cabbage is one of those foods you’ll find everywhere. Not only is it one of the cheapest vegetables, but it’s one of the most versatile as well. Whether it’s added to soups, stir fry, salads, or main dishes, it makes a wonderful vegetable addition to any meal.
Check out the amazing health benefits of cabbage in all its glory:
- Slows Aging — Cabbage is loaded with Vitamin C, the antioxidant that helps to reduce aging in the human body. Vitamin C counteracts the effects of free radicals, ensuring that they are eliminated before they cause health problems. Vitamin C also helps to reduce skin aging, as it is needed to produce the collagen that keeps your skin healthy. With the Vitamin A cabbage contains, you’re going to have fresh, healthy, and young-looking skin!
- Improves Complexion –– Cabbage contains some Vitamin E, which acts as a protective layer on your skin. The fatty acids in the Vitamin E lock moisture in and prevent external pollutants from being absorbed into your skin. Cabbage also contains potassium, which helps to reduce water retention, bloating, and puffiness. The sulfur in the cabbage will help to fight infections, leaving your skin fresh and clear.
- Speeds Up Healing –– Did you know that applying a poultice of cabbage to a wound can speed up healing? Not only can it promote faster healing of wounds, but it can even aid in the elimination of acne, rashes, psoriasis, ulcers, and insect bites.
- Reduces Acne –– Cabbage contains sulfur, a mineral that helps to dry out excess skin oil. Considering that acne is caused by too much oil in your skin, eating sulfur-rich foods can help to cure acne problems.
- Stimulates Hair Growth –– There is a lot of Vitamin A in cabbage, and that Vitamin A is known to stimulate the growth of your hair. It will also boost scalp health, and will fight off the infections that could lead to hair loss, dandruff, and scalp skin infections.
READ MORE: Cabbages and Condoms
- Cleanses the Body –– Cabbage is loaded with Vitamin C (as mentioned above), and you’ll find that drinking cabbage juice or cabbage soup can be wonderfully cleansing for your body. It can deal with infections in your gums, on your skin, and even in your internal organs, and can help to flush toxins from your body.
- Boosts Immunity –– The Vitamin C in cabbage will do wonders for your immune system. After all, Vitamin C is one of the most important vitamins for your body’s natural immunity, and eating more cabbage is a great way to have a better internal defense against infections and disease.
- Reduce Inflammation –– Cabbage contains special anti-inflammatory properties that can help to fight infection and reduce swelling in your body. There are many diseases that are caused/worsened by swelling, so the ability of cabbage to fight inflammation is one of the things that makes it so effective for helping you fight disease.
- Promotes Weight Loss –– Cabbage is one of the best foods to eat if your goal is to lose weight. Not only is it VERY low in calories, but the high fiber content of cabbage means that it’s VERY filling. You can fill up on cabbage without adding calories to your diet, making it easier to control those hunger pangs.
- Reduce Soreness –– Got sore muscles after a tough workout? Cabbage contains special nutrients that help to reduce muscle soreness, eliminating lactic acid buildup in your muscles and speeding up your body’s healing.
Leave a Comment