10 Health Benefits of Orgasms You Need to Know About
Sex is by far one of the most pleasurable activities in our days/weeks. There’s nothing like a good romp between the sheets, in the elevator, on the office desk, in the back seat, and the list goes on! Sex may not be what makes the world go round, but it sure makes it worth the ride.
The best sex is the kind that culminates in orgasms for both partners (sadly, not as common as you might think). Did you know that orgasms are actually good for your health? Here’s why:
- Cure a Headache — No, that excuse of “I have a headache” isn’t going to get you out of sex anymore! Studies have proven that having sex can help to reduce the pain of a migraine as effectively as popping an aspirin or Tylenol. If you’re got an achy head, it’s time to get it on!
- Make You Feel Better –– And we’re not just talking about getting all tingly in your happy parts; we’re talking a full-on rush of endorphins thanks to sex. Sex floods your body with feel-good chemicals, boosting your mood and making you feel a whole lot happier. These chemicals can also help to dampen pain and make it more manageable.
- Cure a Cold –– Did you know that an orgasm a day is the best way to keep colds at bay? Regular sex has been linked to an increased production of immunoglobulin A, the antibody that is responsible for keeping you protected from colds and coughs. If you want to have a stronger immune system, it’s time to have more sex.
- Improve Your Relationship –– Many experts will tell you that regular sex is one of the keys to a happy marriage, and women who have orgasms feel more positive about their partners. Definitely a good reason to have sex!
- Boost Mood –– If you’re nervous or moody, it’s time to have some sex and snap out of it! When you have sex, your body is flooded with oxytocin and endorphins. These hormones boost your mood and reduce your risk of anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts.
READ MORE: The Unspoken Rules of Sex
- Regulate PMS –– Did you know that regular sex can help to regulate your menstrual cycle? Women who have sex no less than once per week will have more regular cycles, not to mention improved health throughout.
- Reduce Breast Cancer Risk –– Studies suggest that oxytocin–the hormone released during orgasm–could actually help to prevent the development of breast cancer cells. Considering how high the breast cancer rate is these days, it’s definitely a good idea to have more sex “just in case”.
- Improve Your Appearance –– Did you know that having sex can help you to look younger? People who have sex at least 4 times per week can shave up to 10 years off their looks. As if you needed another reason to have more sex!
- Burn Calories –– A single 30-minute sex workout can help you to burn at least 85 calories. While that may not seem like a whole lot, it’s an extra bonus on top of your regular workout. Plus, you can work a lot of muscles by doing the right (creative) sex positions!
- Improve Sleep –– Yes, having sex makes it easier to get to sleep at night! Having an orgasm causes a drop in your blood pressure that helps to relax you. Getting to sleep after sex is much easier for many women as well as men.
Leave a Comment