Each year around 50,000 (seriously, fifty thousand) new products are introduced to the marketplace, and a huge percentage of those packaged products hardly make it beyond their first few months of life. Product Of The Year, the world’s largest consumer-voted award for product innovation, draws on over 40,000 real consumer votes and a variety of other thresholds to help identify which products are truly stars on store shelves. This year’s winners were from a combination of relative newcomers and old favorites with new twists.
Without further adieu, here are a few of my favorites from the 2015 Product Of The Year winners list (in no particular order):
1. Snackeez cups. My kids are obsessed with these, and it seems everyone else’s are too. Pour your snack in the top, drink in the bottom, and chew/sip your worries away. Perfect for breakfast in the car on the way to school, toting pretzels and juice to karate class, or berries and herbal iced tea. $9.99 here in a variety of colors.
2. Milkbone Brushing Chews. What’s better and more efficient than a snack that helps keep your dog’s chompers clean? In the world of everlasting canine love, not much. What sets these chews apart is their curved design– it forces dogs of all ages and sizes to really work their teeth against the bone to wipe away grime and bacteria. Available here for 4.99.
3. Tide Ultra Stain Release. If you’re the type of person who relishes in lazy laundry behavior (read: owning nothing more than a bottle of detergent and some bleach), this product will simplify your tomato-sauce-loving ways endlessly. Pour some of the detergent into the cap, and then use the other side’s small silicone ‘fingers’ to work difficult stains like tomato sauce, coffee, and makeup out of your favorite fabrics. $11.99 everywhere.
4. Milo’s Kitchen Grilled Burgers. Table food is a dog’s best friend, right? Well, not really, but the idea of table food is endlessly appealing to just about every dog on the planet, and these treats look exactly like real, tiny grilled hamburgers but with the positive nutrition benefits of real sweet potato in the recipe. Your little guy will thank you with endless face licks. Available here.
5. Dial Greek Yogurt Body Wash. All the great protein-rich benefits of Greek yogurt packed into a super hydrating body wash that I’ve even been able to get my husband to use (which is saying a lot). The creamy texture lends itself to the a-little-goes-a-long-way mentality with a shower pouf, and leaves skin clean and hydrated for hours. Smells like a frozen yogurt store, too, and that wins some major points with me. Available .
6. Stencil1 Repeat Pattern Wallpaper Stencil Kit. If you’ve ever seen just about anything on any Pinterest board, you know DIY is beyond hot right now– but there aren’t that many products that help people get it done in a way that looks chic and professional (the point is, you don’t want it to look DIY). Stencil1 on the other hand has super simple, easy-to-use kits for stenciling just about any surface you care to, and they come complete with the stencils, a guide, paint roller, and pan. What more could you ask for under $30? Available here.
Leave a Comment