Whether you’re on an extended work hiatus for the holiday season or just have a few days off, here’s our list of must-see-and-accomplish things in NYC for the well-heeled city gal (you know, like yourself):
1. Stop in Measure Lounge at The Langham Place Hotel for drinks and a fig appetizer. It’s quietly chic, drips elegance, and frankly, if you’re single… Langham Hotels are just swanky enough for you to scope out men in delicious suits and supple cashmere sweaters. If you’re attached, share a romantic fig appetizer with the one you love at Measure Lounge, people watch, and hold hands after a walk along 5th Ave.
2. Brunch around town, in a semi-healthy way. Founder of Rouge18.com, Amber Katz, says “the brussel sprouts two ways at Almond in Gramercy Park are not to be missed.” You’ll get a healthy dose of fiber, iron, cabbagey goodness, and a perfect place to warm up in between Union Square Market adventures and the array of local spas. Check out Almond here.
3. Go for a brisk run along the Hudson. “”For a crazy reason unknown to man, I love running in the cold. I usually run faster (to get out of the cold) and feel lighter (probably because I’m freezing to death). My friends and I always do the Jingle Bell run to raise money for arthritis and wear funny costumes,” Lindsay, LoveAddictNYC.com
4. Hot cocoa to end all hot cocoas. “One of my favorite things to do in NY in December is stop by City Bakery for a hot cocoa (seriously, the best) and then walk over to the Union Square Holiday Market — you may or may not find interesting present ideas, but it’s a really awesome spot to people watch (and, er, eavesdrop),” says Aly Walansky of ALittleAlytude.com.
5. See the best Christmas movie ever, in live musical form. You love A Christmas Story, and you love musicals. Now they’re combined, live, and Broadway-style for all your holiday dreams come true. Toy guns not admitted, sorry. Check out details for the show, running now to December 29 here.
Sidenote: you’ll need to take cabs around town to get to and fro, so, if all goes well you’ll get one of these totally hot taxi drivers.