Black sesame seeds health benefits: why you need to add a spoonful to your next meal.
Native to China and Southeast Asia, black sesame seeds are one of the most healing health foods on the planet. According to the Compendium of Materia Medica, one of the most critically-acclaimed medical texts in Traditional Chinese Medicine, these super-seeds “can heal all the chronic illness after 100 days, improve skin tone on body and face after 1 year, reverse gray hair after 2 years, and regrow teeth after 3 years.”
Black sesame seeds are also shown to reverse impaired hearing and vision!
Here are five other benefits which make black sesame seeds the new kale:
1. They’re cholesterol-lowering and cancer-preventing. Black sesame seeds are one of the richest sources of phytosterols, a cholesterol-lowering plant compound, on the planet. They’re are also shown to decrease your risk of certain cancers.
2. They balance out glucose levels. Black sesame seeds are found to help lower blood sugar levels, which improves glucose sensitivities and helps those with diabetes.
3. They’re a dense plant-based source of calcium. Black sesame seeds offer 85 milligrams a teaspoon — the equivalent to 3/4 cup of milk! They’re part of a short list of good plant based sources of calcium.
4. They promote optimal intestinal health. Black sesame seeds are a great gut-food for their intestine-moistening abilities, which strengthen the bowels and relieve constipation.
5. They improve breast milk quality. Black sesame seeds are used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a lactating aid in nursing mothers. They’re packed with trace minerals, including copper, zinc, magnesium, proteins, and B vitamins, which support mothers’ and their baby’s health.
So, when are you going to start eating these black seeds of goodness?