Remember how mom always said donâ€™t play with your food?Â Come to this yearâ€™s Brooklyn Ball and see an edible food instillation by artist Jennifer Rubell, a kid who didnâ€™t listen!
This yearâ€™sÂ Ball celebrates the landmark costume collection partnership between the Brooklyn Museum and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
The ball takes place Thursday, April 22, 2010 from 6:30 p.m.â€“12 a.m at the Brooklyn Museum of Art.
Individual tickets are available for $500, $1,000 and $1,500. Tables range from $5,000 to $50,000. Tickets may be purchased online through Monday, April 19.
Canâ€™t quite afford tickets to the ball?Â You can still attend the fashionable after party!
The after party is from 9 p.m.â€“12 a.m. in the Martha A. and Robert S. Rubin Pavilion, 1st Floor
The party features:
- Preview of the landmark exhibition American High Style: Fashioning a National Collection
- Designer novelties by Band of Outsiders, Philip Crangi, Patrik Ervell, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Opening Ceremony, Rodarte, and Slow and Steady Wins the Race
- Giant piÃ±ata filled with a dessert surprise by Jennifer Rubell
- Fashion fortunes by the Bumbys
- DJs Leo Fitzpatrick, Nate Lowman, and David Benjamin Sherry
- Open bar
Festive and fashionable attire
Member Ticket: $50
Individual Ticket: $75
Two Individual Tickets: $125
Benefactor Ticket: $150
Tickets may be purchased online