Did you have any idea there were so many health benefits of parsley juice?
Parsley is one of those herbs you’ll find in just about every kitchen around the country, thanks to the fact that it’s so easily available everywhere. It goes wonderfully in everything from salads to pastas to soups, but you’ll find that it’s great when served as a juice.
The health benefits of parsley juice are impressive, to say the least..
Parsley juice can fight:
- Arthritis — Thanks to the high Vitamin C content of parsley, you can protect your body against inflammation. That inflammation is what leads to both forms of arthritis (osteo- and rheumatoid).
- Halitosis –– Got chronic bad breath? Drink a glass of parsley juice and swish it around in your mouth. The chlorophyll in parsley will help to get rid of the bacteria that is causing your bad breath, and can eliminate toxins as well.
- Heart Disease –– Worried about hardening arteries? Parsley contains lots of Vitamin C, which stops cholesterol from turning into plaque, which hardens the arterial walls and leads to blood clots, strokes, heart attacks, and other forms of heart disease.
- Anemia –– Iron is needed to produce red blood cells, and Vitamin C is needed to absorb iron. Thankfully, parsley juice has LOTS of Vitamin C, along with chlorophyll to purify your blood. A glass or two of parsley juice per day can seriously up your red blood cell count.
- Infections –– Worried about kidney infections, UTIs, or bladder infections? Have a glass of parsley juice, and let the healing compounds in parsley (apiole and myristicin) get rid of the bacteria in these organs. Parsley is an effective diuretic (it will make you pee) that can detoxify your body and prevent kidney stones from forming.
- Cancer — Parsley is loaded with all sorts of awesome antioxidants, which can help to prevent the spread and formation of cancer cells. Studies have proven that parsley is one of the most effective remedies to help you fight cancer.
- Bloating –– If you find yourself retaining water (one of the primary causes of bloating), you’ll want to gulp down some parsley juice. It’s especially effective in the days before menstruation, and it can help to eliminate the water your body has retained. Parsley juice is also an effective digestive aid that will reduce discomfort and bloating caused by excess gas or digestive difficulties.
READ MORE: Health Benefits of Lemon Juice
- Free Radical Damage — Parsley juice is loaded with antioxidants, which will effectively stop free radicals from doing damage to your body. The antioxidants neutralize the free radicals, ensuring that they will not cause problems (like cancer).
- Poor Immunity –– Worried about flu season? Have a few glasses of parsley juice every day and keep your health up. Parsley juice contains more Vitamin C than orange juice, so it will give your immune system an effective boost. Plus, it contains compounds that will enhance your immune response to a wide range of infections and threats.
- Vision Problems — Combat poor vision by eating parsley or drinking parsley juice. Parsley is loaded with carotenoids, which your body will turn into Vitamin A. Vitamin A is the most important nutrient for good eye health, as it prevents the cells of your eye from degeneration as you age. The more parsley juice you drink, the healthier your eyes will be.
- Slow Healing –– Parsley contains histidine, an amino acid that your body needs in order to repair tissue damage. If you’ve been injured, drink a cup of parsley juice and speed up the healing process.