There are many things that can make you sick. Want to find remedies to help you deal with that cold, cough, sore throat, skin rash, or acne spot? Who doesn’t love remedies – both homemade and those sold in stores?
Check out these 25 awesome remedies below:
- Chew parsley to deal with bad breath. The chlorophyll in the parsley will kill off all of the bacteria that are causing the odors.
- Apply witch hazel to blisters using a cotton ball at least four times every day, and let it dry up naturally without popping it yourself.
- Mix goldenseal powder with tea tree oil and water to make a thick paste, and apply it to pimples before going to bed. Wake up in the morning to an infection-free face with acne that will soon disappear.
- Use Arnica to help your bruises disappear. Immediately after injuring yourself, apply some cream to help reduce swelling and improve your circulation.
- Apply a bit of lavender oil to your burns to help speed up the healing process, as well as reducing the risk of scarring. Just make sure to mix the lavender oil with a milder olive or almond oil.
- Drink a cup of raspberry leaf tea to help deal with canker sores. Drink the tea, and swish it around in your mouth a few times every day.
- Eat a plate of curried onions to loosen up any congestion in your chest. The curry will loosen up the phlegm, and the onions will help to break up any mucus.
- Apply castor oil to your lips to prevent chapping rather than using conventional lip balms. Just make sure to apply sunscreen if you use castor oil while out and about.
- Take dried figs instead of prunes to help relieve constipation. Figs are loaded with the same fiber as prunes, and they’re a tasty alternative for those that aren’t prune fans.
- Make licorice tea to help cure your cough. Drink up to three mugs of steeped licorice root tea per day, and it will help to deal with the cough. (Just be careful, as it can raise your blood pressure.)
- Apply Vitamin E to any cuts you may have, as it will speed up healing and reduce the risk of scarring.
- Rinse your hair with a cup of apple cider vinegar to counter dandruff and restore a healthy pH balance to your scalp.
- Drink a cup of warm water with a pinch of cayenne pepper if you feel dizzy, as the heat and spice will get your blood pumping and more oxygen circulating.
- Place a warm, damp washcloth on your closed eyes if they feel dry, and the warm, moist heat will cause your eyes to tear up.
- Use bags of steeped chamomile tea on your eyes to relax and refresh them.
- Drink a cup of yarrow tea and wrap yourself snugly in a blanket to fight off a fever.
- Drink Yerba Mate instead of coffee if you need a pick-me-up to get you through the day.
- Dill, anise, and fennel seeds are all able to fight bloating, so chew them if you feel gassy.
- Massage diluted peppermint oil into your temples to fight a headache.
- Use witch hazel cream to treat hemorrhoids – applying it three times a day.
- Drink a cup of chamomile tea to deal with indigestion.
- Rub an onion on insect bites to ease the itch.
- Use horseradish or wasabi to clear up congested nasal passages.
- Place a cube of ice wrapped in a dish cloth on your eyes if they are puffy in the morning.
- Use aloe vera gel to prevent razor burns when done shaving.
Love these remedies? I know I do!