It’s National Lipstick Day, here are all the lipstick facts you’ve ever needed.
Here are 11 facts about lipstick to help you celebrate this glorious day. Peace, love, and lipstick.
1. Women use up to 9 POUNDS of lipstick in their lifetimes. That’s a lot of gorgeous!
2. 65% of women think lip color can make/break their face.
3. 70% of polled men think a woman in red lipstick is sexy. This one is endlessly gorgeous.
4. The average woman owns at least 16 lipsticks at any given time.
5. About 5% of all lipstick is wasted on the sides of drinking glasses and food. How sad.
6. The first manmade lipsticks popped up around 5,000 years ago.
7. George Washington even posed for his portraits wearing some lip color.
8. Each year about 900 MILLION tubes of lipstick are sold. Holy moly.
9. The bullet-style lipstick case that we all know and love was actually developed in 1915 in Connecticut!
10. In ancient times, Japanese women actually weren’t allowed in public without makeup– including lipstick.
11. In 1770, the British Parliament actually had a ban on lipstick because, “women found guilty of seducing men into matrimony could be tried for witchcraft.” See? It’s that powerful.