Hope you’re not on a low-carb diet, because this pie recipe is fully loaded with potato slices wrapped in cream sauce and pastry crust. Nonetheless this could be the most decadent PMS dish ever, and I still think it’s healthy assuming it’s all home made with fresh ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need!
- approx. 300g puff pastry (or use shortcrust)
- approx 600g potatoes (about 3 medium-sized), preferably waxy
- 125ml milk
- 125ml cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 0.5 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tblsp vinegary liquid from a jar of capers
- 0.25 tsp lemon zest
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp capers
- 2 tblsp sliced green olives, preferably brined
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 tblsp chopped dill leaves
- 1 tblsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- a little beaten egg for glazing (optional)
- An ovenproof pie dish – a 24cm round dish, about 3 cm deep, would do the trick
Click through for the full recipe!