While Bryce & I were wishing we had some f*cking Nutella ’round this office last week, it donned on me that this recipe was in my future. SO GOOD.
Banana Cake with Nutella Frosting
Recipe from (measurements converted) ToastyBiscuit
- 4 1/2 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups mashed banana (about 3 large bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup Nutella
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2 big tablespoons condensed milk (or milk or cream)
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Line a 10 inch square cake tin with non stick baking paper and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a freestanding mixer, beat the butter and sugar until white and creamy.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add this to the creamed butter and sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add the bananas, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Gently combine and mix for about two minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for around 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the butter and Nutella until combined. Add icing sugar, a cup at a time until everything is smooth. Add the condensed milk and mix until glossy.
- Spread the frosting onto the cooled cake.