I’m always on the lookout for an innovative salad recipe, as salads can easily become mundane. This falafel-inspired chickpea salad recipe is the perfect way to switch up your salad routine with its abundance in flavor and spice and is also gluten free and vegan! Image and recipe via An Edible Mosaic.
Yields 2 servings
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3-6 teaspoons cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups red or green-leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 Persian cucumbers (or 1/2 English cucumber), thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 batch Falafel-Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
For instructions, go here.