I’m always on the lookout for a seasonal, vegetarian soup recipe. This ginger turmeric spiced soup, which can be made hot or chilled, is perfect for a light summer lunch or dinner. It’s flavorful and also accommodates to those who are gluten-free and/or vegan. Image and recipe via Gourmande in the Kitchen.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 to 3 small green onions, white and light green parts only, cleaned and chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ pounds young carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-inch piece of turmeric root, peeled and grated (or use ½ tsp ground)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups (1 quart) filtered water
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or full fat coconut milk for serving
- Chopped flat leaf parsley or carrot fronds for garnish
For instructions, go here.