That’s a really long name for such a small and simple treat. Basically what the long name means is that these are healthy, glutten free scones. Buckwheat, which is related to rhubarb, is gluten-free, high in fiber, and high in protein (it’s actually considered a complete protein, containing all eight amino acids).
Image and ingrediants [ via ]
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted, chilled butter, diced
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar or turbinado sugar (optional; for topping)
For preperation click here.