You’re going to want to bookmark this recipe and bust it out every weekend from now until Labor Day because not only is this recipe easy, it’s delicious and it’ll get you drunk under the guise of innocence. These will come in handy when it’s hotter outside than the inside of your dog’s mouth this summer and smells about the same. Image and recipe comes via Endless Simmer.
6 oz pureed strawberry (about 10 strawberries)
2 oz peach syrup (recipe follows)
12 oz tonic water
2 oz plus 3 oz vodka (divided use)
(You will have more syrup than you need. Save for other cocktail uses)
½ cup sliced peaches (about 4 medium size peaches)
1 cup water
1 cups sugar
1. Stir strawberry puree with 2 oz. of vodka. Place three teaspoons of strawberry mixture in the bottom of popsicle form; set aside. (As mentioned in last week’s cocktail popsicle, I used cordial glasses, but any form will work.)
2. Stir peach syrup with tonic water stir to combine. Add vodka and stir to combine.
3. Pour peach and vodka mixture over strawberry mixture and stir to combine.
4. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
5. Wash, peel, and pit peaches. Place peaches in a blender or food processor and process until peaches are pureed.
6. Place water, sugar and peach puree in a pot and bring to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes.