Finding and preparing vegan Italian food can be quite challenging. This vegan thyme and mushroom risotto recipe, however, not only replaces dairy with other, wholesome ingredients, but tastes like “the real thing.” Image and recipe via Delicious Everyday.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 – 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1½ cups white quinoa, rinsed under running water for 2 minutes
- ⅓ cup white wine (optional)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (savoury yeast) flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 350g (12 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil, extra
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves
- ¾ cup rocket leaves (arugula)
For instructions, go here.