1. Even the homeless people are more ambitious here.
2. The calorie count is posted on every single fast food menu in NYC, so you’re too guilty to get mega big.
3. Even the pigeons dine on world-class ethnic food.
4. You can go directly from work to dinner, dinner to drinks, drinks to the club, the club to the diner, the diner to the gym, and then repeat the whole cycle… without anyone thinking there’s an issue.
5. Even in city of millions it’s a small place. You always run into the girl your ex boyfriend cheated on you with at brunch.
6. It is mandatory to have a gay best friend here. And accepted.
7. You’re more likely to be teased for being straight here.
8. Graphic tees are not allowed within the confines of Manhattan.
9. People are actually kind of nice here. Contrary to the stereotypes, New Yorkers have big hearts and bright souls.
10. There are whole neighborhoods devoted to the pursuit of cheap wigs. And trannies on every corner.