Find out which coffees to stay far, far away from!
Ahh, coffee: the drink of the gods! There’s nothing like a good cup of coffee to kick your work day off with a bang, giving you that shot of energy you need to get through a long day at the office. Coffee offers many health benefits, and you’ll find that it’s one of the healthiest drinks around–provided you consume it in moderation.
But, what happens when you add TOO MUCH cream, sugar, and additives to the coffee? That’s when it becomes unhealthy! Here are the 10 unhealthiest coffees you’ll find today:
- Iced Blended Triple Chocolate Mocha — This is the mother of all frapuccinos, but it’s also the mother of all calorie-loaded coffees. You get a whopping 1190 calories from a 32-ounce cup, not to mention 188 grams of sugar, 206 carbs (all empty, nutritionless), and 22 grams of saturated fat! That’s more calories than the average McDonald’s meal has!
- Chai Ice Crema –– Dunn Bros. Coffee makes a mean iced chai tea, but a 24-ounce cup of the stuff is loaded with 124 grams of sugar and 138 grams of carbs. You also get 740 calories from the cup, but there is ZERO nutrition in this over-sweet cup of Oriental-style goodness. With 14 grams of saturated fat, it’s just not the healthy choice!
- Iced Blended Mint Chip Mocha –– It’s a Grind Coffee House once against hits the list, this time with their minty chocolate chip mocha coffee. While it may be absolutely delicious on a hot summer day, the 32-ounce cup packs a hefty 160 grams of carbs, 151 grams of sugar, 7 grams of saturated fat, and 800 calories.
- Turtle Mocha –– Courtesy of Caribou Coffee, this tasty treat is filled to the brim with highly sweet coffee, topped with cream, caramel, and sprinkled goodies. Each 20-ounce cup contains a stunning 800 calories, 93 grams of sugar, 94 grams of carbs, and 24 grams of saturated fat.
- Coffee Coolata –– Dunkin Donuts’ iced coffee doesn’t even taste that great, and still it’s supremely unhealthy. With 800 calories, 87 grams of sugar, and 29 grams of saturated fat in every 32-ounce cup, it’s a no-no!
- Mint Condition Mocha –– What is it with chocolate chip mint coffees? This Caribou Coffee offering has 92 grams of sugar in each 20-ounce cup, not to mention 790 calories and 24 grams of saturated fat. It’s a heart attack in a cup!
- Berry White Mocha –– Another Caribou Coffee offering hits the list, this one with 790 calories, 24 grams of saturated fat, and 90 grams of sugar in each 20-ounce cup. That’s a lot of crap in one little cup of coffee!
- Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha –– I expected Starbucks to be on this list, and it didn’t disappoint. This white chocolate mocha has 700 calories per 20-ounce cup, along with 99 grams of carbs, 95 grams of sugar, and 17 grams of saturated fat. That’s a lot for such a small serving size.
- Mocha Ice Crema –– Dunn Bros. Coffee joins the list again, this time with a mocha-flavored iced coffee that’s nearly as thick as a milkshake. Each 24-ounce cup holds a whopping 650 calories, as well as 112 grams of sugar and 11 grams of saturated fat. It’s another one to turn down when making a coffee run.
- Chocolate Coffee Crunch Javakula — This oddly named coffee comes from Seattle’s Best Coffee, a company that never really could outperform Starbucks. Thankfully, it’s only marginally less unhealthy, with 760 calories, 99 grams of sugar, and 6 grams of saturated fat in each 24-ounce cup.