The health benefits of camu camu berries are plentiful and will make you want to try a few of these South American wonders ASAP.
The Amazon produces some of the most amazing fruits, veggies, herbs, and berries! For example, the Acai berry has more antioxidants than any other fruit on the planet. Yerba mate contains mateina, a substance similar to caffeine but with less effect on the nervous system. Guarana is one of the best natural energy boosters around.
The Camu Camu fruit is a berry found around Brazil and Peru. A light orange or purple peel hides delicious yellow flesh that offers a wide range of nutrients. Here are some of the many health benefits of Camu Camu:
- Provides Vitamin C — The little berries are loaded with Vitamin C, more than most of the fruits and veggies on the planet. Just half a teaspoon of the powdered berry extract gives you 400% of the Vitamin C you need in a single day. Considering how integral Vitamin C is to your immune system, you can see why this berry is such a healthy option.
- Fights off viruses — The Vitamin C in the berries boost your immune system, making them more resistant to viral infections. The berry also contains natural anti-viral properties. By eating the berries (or powdered extract), you can enhance your body’s defenses against viruses.
- Liver aid — The berries contain compounds that will enhance liver function, protect against a wide range of liver disorders, and even reduce your risk of liver cancer. Your liver is one of the most important organs, and the berries will help to protect it and ensure proper functioning.
- Mood stabilizer — The Camu Camu berry contains natural antidepressant compounds that will help to stabilize your mood. Those suffering from emotional disorders or depression may find that taking the berry is a good way to control their emotions and treat depression.
READ MORE: 10 Turmeric Health Benefits
- Enhances nervous system function — The berries are loaded with minerals that play important roles in the functioning of your central nervous system. By eating the berries, you can boost the health of your eyes and brain.
- Anti–inflammatory -- Camu Camu berries contain anti-inflammatory properties, which can do A LOT for your body. First, they can reduce swelling caused by food intolerances or allergies. They can also reduce inflammation resulting from infections. They can prevent rashes, edema, eczema, and a number of other skin problems. Finally, they can improve the health of your joints, thanks to their ability the reduce the swelling caused by arthritis.
- Improve skin health — Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients needed to have healthy skin. Without Vitamin C, your body cannot produce collagen, the protein that keeps your skin fresh and tight. By giving your body more Vitamin C, you ensure that it can produce enough collagen to fight off the effects of aging and environmental damage.
- Brain protector — The protective benefits of the Camu Camu berry extend to your brain. By enhancing nerve function, you prevent your brain cells from degenerating–the results of disorders like Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s. The berries can even reduce the buildup of plaque in your brain, reducing your risk of dementia.
- Improve reproductive health — Who doesn’t want healthier “happy fun time parts”? The nutrients in the Camu Camu berry will enhance circulation to your genitals, and will get rid of toxins that could affect your reproductive health. The berry may even help to reduce your risk of infertility and other reproductive health problems.
What an awesome little fruit! It’s definitely worth adding to your menu and obtaining these amazing health benefits.