If you’re the ultimate lazy gal when it comes to beauty, all you need to know is this simple formula: mascara, pink blush, and tinted lips. But what happens when you’re a lipstick-reject and a gloss-tard? You go with a mild tint or stain. They’re foolproof, often go on just like Katy Perry’s cherry chapstick and only get as complicated as a marker on the the wild end of the spectrum.
1. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm. I’d be lying if I told you I wasn’t carrying one of these in my handbag right this very second. It covers all my basic needs: moisture and covering the pale “I look almost dead” grey that my lips sort of become in the middle of winter. A total must-have.
2. NYC 16 Hour Lipstain. It goes on like a Crayola marker, stays on like a champ, and is easy as heck to layer. And for under $5 there’s no reason not to leave one at your desk, in your car, and in your bag (even though you really only need to apply this 1-2 times a day, max).
3. Bite Beauty’s Little Pot of Buildable Color. Dab on a little, layer on a lot. It’s all up to you, but if you’re the kind of gal that needs a little pot to dip your finger in… this is the one. It’s full of all the fab vitamins and minerals that our skin needs and free of all the weird chemicals that make our bodies hate us. Brilliant.
4. Elizabeth Grant Lipstain in Rio Razzle. What can I say? I just love this color. It works on most skin tones, gives a bright pop that’s perfect for daytime with a lightly lined eye, or totally vampy at night with a smokey, glittery eye.
5. Hourglass Sheer Lipstain. This lipstain is similar to the NYC, but with a more luxurious applicator, a lack of weird chemicals, and a slightly richer color. If you’re the kind of lady that wants and deserves simply the best, this one is worth a shot. And it’s easy, peasy, 1-2-threesy.