Anyone can cook â€“ I completely agree with the message of the adorable rat movie from a couple of years ago. Â Even more so, anyone can cook pasta.Â Not everyone wants to, though.
But humor me today.Â Â Itâ€™s Thursday, which is almost Friday, which is the perfect excuse to get some friends together for a nice light pasta meal and lots of wine.
I love making this dish in the summer when tomatoes are in season and taste their best. Â The preparation takes less than 30 minutes.
What youâ€™ll need:
- Fresh pasta (either from some cute little Italian shop near you, or Buitoni from the supermarket)
- Some olive oil, salt, pepper
- Veggies: 2-3 medium tomatoes, 2-3 cloves of garlic, Parsley, Basil
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- A bottle of wine or another drink of choice
Now, follow these easy steps:
- Pour yourself a glass of wine
- Start the water
- Dice and chop the tomatoes, parsley, basil and garlic.Â Mix them with about a tablespoon of the olive oil and a dash of lemon juice.
- The water should be boiling now- put the pasta in. Â Fresh pasta only takes about 5 minutes to cook.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and add the tomato/ garlic mix. Stir well, add salt and pepper and top it off with cheese.
Youâ€™re done!Â Pour yourself more wine and enjoy this fresh and delicious meal!
PSÂ Image is courtesy of google, my pasta got eaten too fast.