Here’s how to get longer eyelashes the natural way…
Long eyelashes are all the rage these days! The thicker and longer they are, the easier it is to flutter them provocatively at a man and make his heart melt. Sadly, eyelashes don’t grow as fast as the rest of the hair on your body. This means you may never have the eyelashes you want. Or does it?
If you want to know how to make eyelashes grow, check out the simple home remedies below. You may just find that they’ll work for you:
- Trim — We all know that cutting hair helps to make hair grow, as it “prunes” away the unhealthy part of your hair. Trimming your eyelashes can be a good way to speed up the hair growth, and will help you to have fuller, thicker lashes. A weekly trim can help to increase hair length over the period of a few months.
- Apply castor oil — Castor oil stimulates your hair follicles, speed up hair growth. Castor oil has many medicinal qualities that will improve the health of the hair follicles, which will in turn help them to produce thicker and longer lashes. Either leave the oil on all day or all night long, whichever you prefer.
- Use lemon peel –– The thought of getting lemon anywhere near your eyes may have you cringing, but lemon peel can help to promote eyelash growth. It will also make it easier for your hair follicles and skin to absorb and use oil, so mixing a bit of grated lemon peel in with almond, olive, or castor oil can make the remedies more effective.
- Apply olive oil –– Olive oil provides a protective coating for the strands of hair, reducing damage and ensuring that the hair stays healthy. Use a mascara applicator stick to apply fresh olive oil to your eyelashes, and let it sit overnight. After a few months of this treatment, you’ll notice a big difference in your eyelash health.
READ MORE: NeuLash for New & Improved Lashes
- Apply Brewer’s Yeast –– Brewer’s Yeast is a great source of B vitamins, all of which will stimulate your metabolism. Applying Brewer’s Yeast to your eyelashes directly will help to improve hair growth, and you’ll find that an overnight application of the powder can do wonders for your eyelashes. Just make sure to rinse your lashes gently with warm water in the morning, and be careful that you don’t get the thick powder in your eyes.
- Brush –– Brushing causes miniature amounts of damage to the hairs, which causes your body to release oils as a means of protecting your eyelashes. Those protective oils play a large part in hair growth, so regularly brushing your lashes is a good way to ensure that they grow thick and strong.
- Apply almond oil –– Almond oil contains a lot of Vitamin E to protect the hair follicles and the strands of hair, but it also is rich in antioxidants that will promote hair growth. Apply a bit of the oil before going to bed, and wash it off the next morning (using warm water to reduce clogged pores).
- Use Vaseline –– Vaseline (or any petroleum jelly, really) will help to moisturize your eyelashes and the skin around the hair follicles, preventing dryness. Dry skin is unhealthy, and has limited potential for growth. Keeping your skin moisturized will ensure that all of the nourishment provided by your body goes straight into keeping your lashes healthy and growing.
Try these remedies to have longer, thicker, and healthier eyelashes!