With the warm weather upon us and Memorial Day weekend just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how to pare down our beauty cases to just the essentials. Here’s a round up of some of the products I’m loving lately:
1. YBF Concealer Palette. It’s cheap, it’s effective, and you get 3 colors that can be used as stand-alone concealers or blended for the perfect color as your vacation days wear on. I’ve been using this palette every day for the past couple weeks and love the blendability of the two fairer shades. The lighter shades can also be used to highlight eyebrow arches in a pinch.
2. Cheek Shimmer! Why use it for just your cheeks when you can sweep this peachy-tone across your chest, collar bones, eyes, lips, or over your shin bones to give your legs a subtle sheen in photos? This one by gloMinerals goes on smooth, translucent, and doesn’t clog pores.
3. Light Up Your Lips. Elizabeth Grant’s shimmering lip gloss is perfect for on-the-go touch ups. There’s a real set of tiny lightbulbs in the wand that illuminate your glossing so you can get glammy in even the dimmest nightclub. The side also has a little mirror so you can touch up more than just your lips. Genius.
4. The Perfect Cream. Algenist’s SPF 20 face cream is a smart bet for any traveler. SPF 15 just isn’t enough, and you’ll want your cream to do double-duty to prevent aging so you can indulge in all your favorite vacation activities (just sayin’). Oh, and at only 2 ounces you can even pop it in your carry-on so you can apply at the end of your flight to look perked up and refreshed.
5. Get Glowy. Jergens Natural Glow products have been trusted for years as the cheaters way to a tan glow without all the harmful effects of actual rays. If you’re in a total rush and only have one day, you can try this express formula for under $10. It’ll work in a jiffy to have you beach-ready, or just ready to go out in that little dress you’ve been saving in the back of your closet.