Whether you’re actually going somewhere or just in a perpetual vacation state of mind, here’s what you need to load up on for that easy, casual warm weather feeling:
1. Oil us up, but hold the sun. Honestly it doesn’t matter if your vacation is to Bali or just a mental escape to Netflix, this Vita Cura oil by Repechage is everything and a jumbo bag of chips. It’s loaded with mafura oil, carrot oil, almond oil, and so many vitamins you’d be hard pressed to have enough ink in your pen to make the list. The most convincing part, however, is how versatile it is. Add a tablespoon to your bath for a hydrating and delish-scented soak, use it on cuticles, as a deep-moisturizer if your skin is super dry, a tiny dab on the very ends of hair, or even as a massage oil. It’s all good, and the non-greasy finish will make you feel like you’re at the spa every single time. Available here.
2. Throw this in your bag, beach or otherwise. OK, everyone knows sunblock is as necessary as happiness and carbs, but seeing as we have to keep applying it every few hours and carrying around heavy bottles isn’t convenient… a lot of us slack on the upkeep. That’s unnecessary, because Neutrogena makes SPF 70 that’s in stick form that’s light enough to keep in your purse, doesn’t require any sloppy mess on your hands, and will keep sun damage off your chest, neck, ears, and other parts like a champ. If you’re thinking SPF 70 is too much, you’re wrong, and I challenge you to 1 week of this higher SPF to see the difference (and you can thank me when you’re 60 and getting hit on by younger guys). Available here.
3. Shorts, of course. Poolside or sofaside, nearly weightless shorts are the name of the vacation state of mind game. Totally non-negosh, and these by Free People are so elegant you could pair them with a bright billowy top, golden sandals, and a bright lip for a nighttime look at the resort. Available at Shopbop.com.
4. The sandals everyone has are your go-to laziness essential. Two white straps are all you need to get your laziness in with a combination of cute and chic, and these are so easy you can buy a few in case you ruin them doing pedicures by the pool. A total must for every single day between Spring Break and the end of Summer 2015. Available here at Joe Fresh.
5. There is one place you simply cannot get lazy. Your mouth is everything, and is the one place that doesn’t get a free pass for the vacation state of mind. Go easy on your hair styling, your wardrobe, and even let your nails chip– but your teeth need to stay fresh, clean, and pearly white 365 days a year. Arm & Hammer makes a totally affordable spin brush that’s easy to take on the road (you don’t need to lug a charging base or any heavy equipment), packs easily into a toiletries case, and leaves teeth sparkly clean in about 2 minutes. Better yet? It’s available just about everywhere and cheap enough to replace with ease in case you forget yours in the hotel bathroom. Available here.
Leave a Comment