Fashion Week 2013 in NYC is basically moments away, and the streets of our city are basically being repaved with the souls of fashionable people and models as you read this. Fall’s fashion week is the biggest- it’s a return to reality, life, and the need to one-up everyone around us, so that’s why it’s especially important to bring your style A-game. Try this silhouette on for size:
1. Nail it. Nail art is sort of dead, but casual nail elegance certainly isn’t. Choose a bold color in the non-neon family. It’ll help you straddle the last remaining days of summer with the first few real moments of autumn. NARS is always a winner, especially in this shade titled, “Fury.” Available here.
2. Accessorize. You’ll be out all day and all night, schlepping from a show to a cocktail party, to the after party, to the after-after party in some creepy but super expensive basement, so make your accessories versatile enough to rock all day. I love this Alexandra Beth wrap- it’s cute with denim, dresses, and every weird fashion moment you might want to experiment with. Available here.
3. Black is back! It’s the quintessential New York color, and it’s officially back. Go a little glamour goth in this chic-but-comfy dress from ShopWasteland.com. Bonus: it’s great for a variety of occasions, and will go well for colder fall moments with thick tights. Stalk it here.
4. Clean, fresh skin. Tons of makeup is SO un-chic, so make your face a gorgeous nearly-blank canvas. Makeup looks will be mostly simple skin, graphic eyeliner, and lip color this season, so start with a great (and portable) skin serum like Elizabeth Arden’s Ceramide Capsules. They’re portion-controlled and deliver serious hydration in just a few nutrient-rich drops. Available here.
5. The perfect cross-body. We all know how much I love Berry Brown’s leather purse collection (move over, Louis, I’m not even kidding), and this is the exact purse I own and plan to wear around fashion week. It’s compact, but holds all the essentials (wallet, keys, phone, variety of lipsticks). Plus, the timeless design goes with just about anything, ever. Berry Brown, here.