God bless America. Whether it’s standing with Wendy, or simply the right to “stimulate the economy” with shopping, we have it pretty darn good here. Every year I try to jazz up my cut-offs and white tee (or tank, weather providing) with especially festive 4th of July accessories and do the same for my home. I’m proud to be an American (married to an immigrant). Here’s what I’m loving this year:
1. Stars and stripes afoot! These cutesy flats feature New England-style stars, perfect for screaming your patriotism from your little tootsies. They’re also under $30 at ShoeDazzle.com (really, this is the land of the almost-free shoes), and will go with just about every outfit till mid September.
2. Is that blue leather? Why yes, yes it is. And you know what? Blue is one of the hottest colors of 2013, so this bag will be rockable from now till next year. It’s on sale now from Fossil for under $170, and if patriotism isn’t your thing, you can bag it (haha) in a ton of other colors. Editor’s note: this bag looks much more expensive than it is, and telling people it’s the pricier designer it’s a jailable offense. Just saying, Fossil bags without logos look EXPENSIVE.
3. Red coral, because Florida is an American state, too. This red coral design cuff by ML Accessories is the perfect summer piece that easily transforms into a resort 2014 piece (picture yourself in the Bahamas next winter wearing this and a silky maxi dress, it’s sort of perfect, right?). It’s versatile, lends itself well to most warm-weather ensembles, and is cheap enough to pick up an extra for a friend.
4. Let America protect you (from the elements). Wear this flag-inspired jacket by Nautica and you’ll be the life of the party. I sort of love this for every outfit ever from April through August. Rock it like the great American rockstar you know you are.
5. Burn bright, like our forefathers. OK, I don’t know what kind of candles our forefathers were into (assuming beeswax), but this patriotic, all-American collection by Air Wick is easy to find at most major retailers, cheap, smells delish, and burns bright. Perfect to adorn your patio with as you serve burgers and cocktails to all your best friends as the fireworks make the sky glitter.