I am a fruit and oatmeal fiend, so this crisp recipe is just heavenly! Made from rolled oats and seasonal fruits such as apricots and strawberries, this warming dessert is the ultimate comfort food — and gluten free, vegan, and refined-sugar free…yummy! Image and recipe via Edible Perspective.
Yields 4-6 servings
For the crumb topping:
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour, divided
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa, optional*
- 1/4 cup muscovado sugar, or coconut sugar, sucanat, brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil, softened not melted
For the fruit filling:
- 8 ripe apricots, pitted + sliced into 6-8 segments
- 1 pint strawberries, stemmed + quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons muscovado sugar
For instructions, go here.