Eat these foods to pack on the muscle!
Testosterone is one of the most important hormones in the human body. It’s more than just the male sex hormone, but it’s the hormone that encourages your body to burn fat and produce new muscle tissue. If your goal is to pack on the pounds of muscle, your goal should be to increase testosterone.
But how can you help your body produce more of this hormone? Try these foods to increase testosterone the natural way:
- Vitamin D — Vitamin D not only helps your body absorb more calcium, but it plays a central role in testosterone production. Low Vitamin D can cause your body to produce less of this hormone, so make sure to get more of this vitamin to keep testosterone production high.
- Shrimp –– Shrimp is more than just a tasty protein; it’s also an excellent source of Vitamin D. Eating more shrimp will help your body produce more testosterone, so it’s time to start adding it into your meals.
- Tuna –– High in protein and healthy fats, tuna is a great source of the testosterone-boosting Vitamin D. You’ll find that the Omega-3 fatty acids in the tuna will be a huge boost to your circulation as well!
- Pumpkin Seeds –– These little seeds contain a lot of zinc, which is needed in order to produce healthy amounts of testosterone. Zinc also plays a role in your metabolism and your immune system, so it’s definitely a mineral you want a lot more of!
- Fortified Milk –– Milk that has been “fortified” has had Vitamin D added to it, which means that it will be a great choice to help increase the production of testosterone in your body. Try to drink low-fat milk in order to limit calorie intake, but get as much Vitamin D as possible.
READ MORE: Guys! Baldness Is Good For You!
- Coconut — Coconuts are rich in saturated fats, which are needed by your body in order to produce testosterone. A low-fat diet can lead to low testosterone levels, so increasing the amount of fats (but the healthy ones) will help your body to produce more testosterone.
- Egg Yolks –– You shouldn’t just eat the egg whites, but enjoy the yolks as well! Egg yolks are rich in nutrients, and the cholesterol in the egg yolks is a form saturated fat that your body can use to produce more testosterone.
- Wheat Bran — Fiber isn’t the only thing you get from wheat bran, but the cereal contains a lot of magnesium. Magnesium is a vital mineral that plays a role in a lot of important bodily functions, including the production of testosterone. High magnesium levels are linked to high testosterone levels, so it’s a good idea to add more magnesium-rich foods to your diet.
- Oysters –– Oysters are so much more than just a natural aphrodisiac! They’re one of the best food sources of zinc, which plays a central role in your body’s production of the male sex hormone. Those with low testosterone levels may want to add oysters to their diet to help increase T-hormone production!
- Ricotta Cheese –– When it comes to dairy products to help you increase your testosterone levels, it doesn’t get better than ricotta! This cheese is packed with whey protein, which helps to reduce the production of cortisol after exercise. High cortisol levels can lead to lower levels of testosterone, so it’s a good idea to keep this stress hormone in control.
Eat these foods to increase testosterone, and you should start seeing the difference in no time!