The best Korean sheet mask options, rounded up. You’re welcome.
We’ve collected the best Korean sheet mask picks for different skin types, budgets, and lifestyles. Get ready for some facial happiness thanks to the fine art of Korean skincare, which has also given us the best serums and donkey milk for skin.
But before we hop into the list, here’s a little sheet mask 101. Sheet masks started as a trend in South Korea, home of many a skincare innovation, and have become increasingly popular over the last five years. Many brands from around (some you’ll see on this list!) the world now make Korean style sheet masks and they can be found everywhere from Walmart to Sephora.
To use, you start off with freshly cleansed skin. You can pop on a serum if you’re into it but you can also jump right into masking because it acts as a super charged serum. Apply the mask by pressing onto your face then smoothing out all the bubbles and folds.
You’ll look like a serial killer for a good ten to twenty minutes as you let the serum soak into your skin. When you’re done, take off the mask and pat in whatever is left into your skin before moisturizing. This mask is the Touch in Sol Daily Moisturizing Ceramide Mask which is so lovely and hydrating in cold, dreary weather.
Masking gets super addicting, especially those hydrating masks in winter! You know that rough, dry, flaky winter skin? Not an issue for dedicated sheet maskers. If you’re in for the long haul pick up this Let’s Get Sheet Faced set of masks from I Dew Care.
You get 14 masks which you can use every day for two weeks or save to use every couple days. There are six different masks and multiples of each to treat everything from dry skin to acne to brightness.
Best Korean sheet mask picks for dry skin
Sheet masks are a dehydrated gal’s BFF (they’re also great for hangover skin, FYI). Hydrating sheet masks are a dime a dozen but these are the best you’ll want to buy in bulk.
- Touch in Sol Daily Moisturizing Ceramide Mask – You can think of ceramides as the cement that holds together the outer layer of skin. Losing ceramides contributes to wrinkles, dry skin, rough texture, and itchy skin. Top up with moisturizing ceramides with this Touch in Sol mask.
- Belif Aqua Bomb Sheet Mask – For serious hydration check out the Belif Aqua Bomb line. The sheet mask is stored dry, you then add the serum in when you’re ready to mask. It will leave you with happy, hydrated skin.
- Laneige Water Pocket Sheet Sleep Mask – if get dehydrated overnight try this sleeping mask. Put it on before bed to have your face sealed with moisture all night long. It’s designed with water pockets to slowly release the hydrating serum throughout the night.
- Dr. Jart Ceramidin Sheet Mask – Another hydrating, ceramide filled mask to give you soft, hydrated skin. This mask uses a creamy serum (as opposed to a clear, gel like serum) and is part of their cult favorite Ceramidin line.
- Garnier Super Hydrating Sheet Mask – Drugstore favorite Garnier jumped on board the sheet mask train for a budget friendly, easy to find pick. This mask is an excellent hydrator and uses hyaluronic acid to leave your skin bouncy and firm.
Best Korean sheet mask picks for acne-prone skin
Choosing a sheet mask for acne prone skin means you need to find the right balance of treatment, hydration, and soothing inflammation. These sheet masks all target different aspects that can contribute to acne.
- Innisfree It’s Real Squeeze Manuka Honey Mask – Acne sufferers have heard of honey masking. It’s great for helping to heal blemishes and soothe inflammation. This Innisfree mask makes it easy to get your honey on without the stickiness.
- Missha Pure Source Tea Tree Sheet Mask – Tea tree oil is often used as a “natural” solution to acne because of it’s anti-bacterial properties. This mask takes out the risk of using too much of a sensitizing essential oil, and mixes in needed hydration.
- Benton Snail Bee High Content Sheet Mask – Benton makes some of the best Korean skincare for acne prone skin types. The Snail Bee mask is fragrance free (making it safe for sensitive, acne prone skin) and helps to repair and heal your skin.
- Karuna Exfoliating Face Mask – If all you need is a little cell turnover, this Karuna mask is for you. It’s a cleansing mask that helps to gently exfoliate the skin.
- Dr. Jart Clear Skin Lover Rubber Mask – A rubber mask is different to many of these sheet masks. Instead of a serum soaked film, you apply their clear skin serum to your face and allow it to sink in without evaporating with the gel-like mask.
Best Korean sheet mask picks for targeted solutions
Sheet masks can target so many skincare areas (brightness, firming, wrinkles etc). These suped up serums are a treat for targeting your skincare needs.
- Masqueology Collagen Hydrogel Gold Mask – Instead of a papery mask like many on this list, this mask uses hydrogel for a thicker, gel texture. It targets skin elasticity and helps to give you a glowing, firm skin day.
- Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Lifting Mask – Tatcha makes pricy but effective skin care. This mask uses hyaluronic acid, green tea, rice, and algae to plump and lift the skin for a more youthful appearance.
- Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Intensive Revitalizing Face Mask – Anyone with an anti-aging skincare routine knows the power of retinol. For wrinkle fighting, and face firming it doesn’t get much better than this.
- Rael Youth Island Mask – This mask uses collagen to plump the skin and licorice root extract to reduce dark circles, discoloration and age spots. Soak in the youth island vibes for younger looking skin.
Love this article? For more beauty, style, travel, and trending topics check out The Luxury Spot on Facebook. Like us and we’ll love you back!