Feed your body to feed your hair, read on for 15 foods for longer hair.
Who doesn’t want longer, stronger, thicker hair? The longer your hair is, the easier it is to style the way you want it. Stronger, thicker hair is less likely to fall out with too much sun or too many chemicals being used to dye, treat, and straighten it.
Here are some of the best foods for longer hair:
- Salmon — With lots of protein (the building blocks of hair), fish makes one of the best healthy foods to eat for longer hair. The fatty acids in salmon are especially effective at hydrating both your hair follicles and the strands of hair themselves.
- Prunes –– Prunes are loaded with iron, a mineral that plays a huge role in hair health. More iron means more red blood cells, which in turn means more oxygen and nutrients pumped throughout your body. Iron prevents hair loss and dullness, so it’s important to eat more.
- Beef –– Beef is another excellent source of hair-building protein, along with the B vitamins and minerals that your scalp needs to produce more, thicker, and stronger hair. Beef contains iron, zinc, and other nutrients that will improve your scalp hair–leading to more hair.
- Carrots –– Vitamin A is one of the nutrients that play a role in the production of healthy hair. Thanks to the Vitamin A you can get from carrots, your body will be able to produce the sebum (Skin oil) that will keep your scalp healthy and hydrated.
- Green Tea –– This metabolism-boosting tea is good for more than just weight loss, but you’ll find that the polyphenols in the tear will nourish your scalp. (Note: For the best effect, use green tea to rinse your hair. It can kill dandruff and will definitely improve your hair health.)
- Walnuts –– All nuts are rich in healthy fatty acids, but walnuts contain the highest levels of Vitamin E. Vitamin E acts as a protective layer that stops the moisture in your scalp and hair from being dried out, ensuring that your hair has all the nutrients it needs to grow.
- Eggs –– As a low-fat protein, eggs are one of the best foods to add to your hair-nourishing diet. Eggs are loaded with Vitamin B and biotin, two nutrients that protect and nourish your hair to ensure maximum growth.
READ MORE: Hair Dye is Dangerous
- Brown Rice –– The fiber, vitamins, and minerals in brown rice will nourish your scalp and hair, and the protein in the rice will help to increase your body’s production of keratin.
- Dark Greens — Broccoli, spinach, kale, and chard are loaded with Vitamins A and C, two nutrients that will help your scalp produce enough sebum to protect your hair follicles from damage.
- Green Peas –– Loaded with minerals like zinc and iron, green peas are one of the best foods for healthy hair.
- Bell Peppers — The vitamin C in colored bell peppers will ensure excellent oxygenation of your hair follicles.
- Sweet potatoes –– Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta-carotene, a form of Vitamin A that will improve circulation and boost hair health.
- Oysters –– Did you know that hair loss may be the result of a reduced production of the hormone androgen? Oysters are not just adept at increasing androgen production, but the zinc in the shellfish can boost hair health as well.
- Cottage Cheese –– The protein and calcium in this food will go a long way toward boosting your hair health.
- Lentils –– Eat more protein-rich lentils to improve your scalp health–thereby increasing hair production.