I don’t know about you but somehow everyone around me is getting married! Its good for my business but all the wedding gifts, dresses, cards, bridal showers, engagement parties, and bachelorette parties have me in a whirlwind. I’ve become quite the creative gift giver over the years. Here are my lists for gift giving for the various bridal events.
1. Bianca’s Gourmet Foods – They make organic, fresh, and natural appetizers and condiments. All the ingredients are local or from Italy and Greece. I gave the Mediterranean Spread to my vegan friend who recently got engaged (hi Leila!) and she loved it! These make really good appetizers for parties and picnics as well. I’m planning on serving the Caponata with some pita bread at the beach this weekend. These jars also make great birthday presents, I gave the Orange Apple Cranberry Chutney to my friend for her birthday since I’m deathly allergic to cranberries 🙁
2. Loose leaf tea by Village Tea Company – I love loose leaf tea and I love their white tea. I drink a glass of tea everyday, whether its hot or cold. I’ve been brewing my own iced tea lately with their white tea and it is perfect. Not too overbearing in taste. Tea is good for health and the case of this tea is super cute.
1. Cosmetic case by Japanese brand Seisuke 88 – I went to the Japan Street Fair a couple weeks ago and picked up gifts for my friends’ birthday and my vegan bride friend. I have been on this green, organic, locally-made boat that I really wanted to get something truly unique. I picked two different cosmetic cases from Seisuke 88. It is a brand based in Kyoto, I was in Kyoto last summer and loved the artistic and cultural nature of that city.
1. La Rocca skincare – With 24k gold infused into their skincare, I would definitely recommend giving their Cocoa Gold Vitamin Mask with Encapsulated Bio-Actives. It makes the skin glow after just one use.
1. Money in a Chinese red packet – I’m Chinese and weddings can only mean one thing for gifts, Money put inside red packets called Hong Bao.
2. If money is too tactless for you, I would recommend finding out where the couple is registered and getting one of those gifts. Williams-Sonoma, Crate and Barrel, Bloomingdales, Pottery Barn, Michael C. Fina, Saks Fifth Avenue, are good places to start if the couple is not registered anywhere.