Eat your way to fitness!
Want to have a fit, toned body? Check out these awesome foods to help you look better:
- Chicken breast — Remove the skin from the breast, and what you’re left with is muscle-building protein!
- Mackerel — All fish is rich in protein, but it’s the list of other body-toning nutrients in mackerel that makes it such an amazing choice!
- Turkey (dark meat) — The turkey legs and wings are rich in not just protein, but also riboflavin and zinc–two energy-boosting minerals.
- Salmon — With the same amount of protein as most fish, salmon contains more Omega-3 fatty acids than any other seafood–making it top-notch for fitness and health!
- Eggs — There are few better body-sculpting foods than eggs, thanks to their high protein content. Plus, the whites are SUPER low in calories!
- Cottage Cheese — You can get lots of protein from this food, but it’s the calcium that you really want. Calcium makes it possible for your body to burn fat.
- Prawns –– Rich in protein, low in calories, and loaded with minerals, this food will help you to burn fat and get in shape thanks to your workout program!
- Tuna –– Another protein-rich, fairly low-calorie protein, this is one to eat at least every couple of days!
- Brown Rice — For the energy to get through that workout, have some brown rice. Not only is it rich in fiber, but it’s loaded with the fitness-boosting protein and minerals you need.
- Tomatoes — You definitely need more Vitamin C in your life, and tomatoes are one of the best sources. Plus, it’s rich in the prostate-friendly lycopene!
READ MORE: Foods for Brain Health
- Tofu — You may not be vegetarian, but that doesn’t make this protein any less awesome. Tofu is rich in antioxidants and protein, and VERY low in calories and fats.
- Kale — Perhaps not the tastiest of the greens, this dark veggie is rich in nutrients that will keep your skin looking great as you tone those muscles.
- Oysters –– Rich in selenium, iron, and calcium (all vital nutrients for body sculpting), these low-calorie seafood treats are worth the high price!
- Steak — As long as you keep the cuts lean (lower in saturated fats), beef is one of the best foods to eat for a fitter, toned body thanks to its high protein, mineral, and Vitamin B content.
- Blueberries — With these little berries, you get a high-fiber, filling snack that is nice and low in calories. Plus the protein and fatty acids in the berries will help you get in shape easily.
- Spinach –– Rich in Vitamin C and calcium, spinach is one of the best foods to eat if weight loss is your ultimate goal.
- Beets — Beets contain antioxidants in AMAZING quantities, and this veggie can protect your skin from sun damage as you sweat it out to lose weight.
- Raspberries –– With raspberries, you get lots of Vitamin C and antioxidants to get rid of the toxins and free radicals that are making weight loss just that much more difficult.
- Almonds –– All nuts are EXCELLENT for your health and fitness, but almonds in particular are loaded with the protein, fiber, and fatty acids you need to be in tip top shape.
- Oats –– Few foods are better for your fitness health than oats, which is why you need to eat more of them on a regular basis!
With these 20 foods, you’ll find your body looks better than ever!