This summer there’s no messin around- I’m gonna wear flippy-floppys erry day. Unless there is something more schmancy needed, it’s all flip-flops, all day, all occasions, no foot pain.
Lately I’ve been down with OKA b. Shoes That Love You sandals.Â They’re perfect for hot days in the rain ( waterproof? yea.), coordinating with any outfit ( comes in 7804389024 different colors?Â sure.)Â and they’re TURBO comfy and stylin’.Â Even if there’s a day that I have to wear some kickin’ pair of heels, I still stowe these away in my purse for high-heel aftermath.
I will be on my quest for the most arch cushioning, toe dazzling, flippy floppy sandals this whole summer- so stay tuned !Â We recently got some advice from Dr. Jacqueline Sutera, with practices in Midtown Manhattan and New Jersey regarding her foot care tips for warm weather:
- Wear “commuter shoe” (ballerina flat with rubber sole and arch support, or cute sneaker) Â till you get toÂ office or event, then change into higher heels.Â This not onlyÂ protects yourÂ feet from injuryÂ butÂ can also increase the life of your shoes.
- Rub feet and nails with Tea Tree oil after bath.Â This oil has antiseptic and anti-fungal properties and neutralizes odor.
- Alternate shoes and don’t wear same pair every day. At end of day, sprinkle baking soda or spray insides of shoes with LysolÂ brand spray, which reduces the load of fungus, yeast, mold and esp bacteria which lives in our shoes andÂ contributes to odor.Â (Sweet Cider wooden shoe trees can also be put into shoes when not in use). These shoes should then be put aside for a day or two.
- Avoid spicy food, alcohol and hot beveragesÂ if you are prone to sweating. These can all increase perspiration, which can contribute to foot odor.
- Bring your own tools to the nail salon (nippers, cuticle pusher, buffers, file and foot file).Â This reduces risk of picking up stubborn bacteria, viral and fungal infections.Â Also, go for pedicures in the earlier part of day when the tubs are most fresh and clean. And- avoid the “Wednesday Manicure and Pedicure Specials”-Â on these days the turn over is much more than any other day of the week.
For now-visit Dr. Sutera’s Website for more information on how to keep your tootsies fresh to death this summer, andÂ check out ShoesThatLoveYou.com for all of their delicious sandal styles– just in time for Mother’s Day!