Jewelry designer and style expert Robindira Unsworth, gives her favorite tips on how to make the most of the jewelry you already own!
Tangier Necklace $412 [buy]
The Do’s & Don’ts of Layering Jewelry:
- Do combine different textures. Pair leather with delicate chains, pearls and natural stones such as agate and drusy quartz for an organic vibe.
- Do wear necklaces in a variety of lengths for added depth and interest. A short chain adorned with a delicate charm layered with a strand of hammered metal beads and finished with a longer necklace embellished with richly colored stones instantly add style to any outfit.
- Do mix new and old pieces. Combine your stackable rings and bangles so that they are a unique mix of your own style. Try multiple variations to make your jewelry wardrobe work for you!
- Don’t hesitate to combine metals. Mix and match white gold, yellow gold, silver and oxidized silver to make stone stand out for a modern, chic feel with an edge.
- Don’t focus too much on matching. Add a surprising layer or a pop of color for an unexpected look.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment! Jewelry is an expression of your persona style, which means the more you experiment; the more comfortable you are with creating your own look.