Look, if you’ve seen my ass you would know that I know my desserts. You can trust me that these crackers are delicious and full of sugar. Try stopping yourself at just one. Bake a batch and serve at your next cocktail/holiday party. Image and recipe via A Cozy Kitchen.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons sugar, divided
3 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
2 tablespoons half & half
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a food processor, combine the butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon. Pulse for about 5 seconds and until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the half-and-half and process until the dough forms a ball, about 10 seconds.
3. On a lightly floured surface, using a heavily floured rolling pin, roll the dough roughly into a 13 by 7-inch rectangle that is 1/16-inch thick. With a pizza cutter wheel, trim off the sides into a 12 by 6-inch rectangle. Next, cut the dough into 1 by 1-inch squares.
4. Using the blunt end of a skewer make a hole in each cracker. This will make sure the cracker doesn’t over puff when baking. Gently transfer the crackers (I needed to use a sharp knife to get them off the table) to a parchment lined baking sheet. The dough may sag or may break occasionally in the transfer, but don’t be concerned — just do your best.
5. In a small bowl, combine the remaining cinnamon and sugar and mix. Liberally sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture all over the crackers.
6. Bake the crackers on the middle rack for 12-15 minutes, or until the ends are barely browned. Remove from the oven and set the baking sheet on a rack to cool.