All the almond benefits you always suspected might be true, confirmed.
There are many amazing oils out there: coconut oil, olive oil, safflower oil, flaxseed oil, and the list goes on. Almond oil is one of the best for your health, hands down. It’s not as dense as many of the other oils, and it has a higher unsaturated to saturated fat ratio.
Here are some of the almond oil benefits you need to know about:
- Skin boost — Want to have healthier, cleaner skin? Apply almond oil as a moisturizer, and you’ll find the Vitamins A, B, and E in the oil will do wonders for your skin. You’ll reduce irritation, prevent dry skin, make your skin softer, and improve your complexion. For a natural glow, try almond oil.
- Anti-aging — Almond oil helps to trap moisture into your skin, keeping your skin stocked with all the nutrients needed to produce new skin cells and make repairs to your body. The result is healthier skin that shows fewer signs of aging.
- Lip balm –– Want to deal with chapped lips the natural way? Apply a bit of almond oil, and you’ll find that your lips are much better hydrated and nourished. You don’t need to use Vaseline or Chapstick–all you need is the natural fatty acids found in almond oil.
- Heart-smart — Almond oil is one of those foods to add to your diet to have a healthier heart. The unsaturated fats in the oil will help to counteract the saturated fats you get from other food, reducing cholesterol, lowering your blood pressure, and strengthening your heart. All in all, it’s a heart-smart food that deserves its place on your menu!
- Scalp treatment –– Want to have a healthier scalp? Try a bit of almond oil! Not only will the almond oil help to reduce irritation, infection, and skin disorders, but it will help to nourish and moisturize the skin of your scalp. The result is a healthier scalp, and thereby healthier hair.
READ MORE: 8 Natural Remedies for Peeling Nails
- Conditioner and shine enhancer –– Want to have shiny, lustrous locks? Apply a bit of almond oil to your hair as a conditioner, and leave it in. You’ll find that your hair is much healthier thanks to the oil application, and the light oil will protect your hair without making it overly greasy.
- Immunity booster –– Struggling to fight off disease and infection? Add a bit more almond oil to your life, and give your immune system the boost it needs! Almond oil is great for your immune system, enabling it to fight off the most common diseases and infections. The result is a healthier, happier you!
- Reduce muscular pain –– Got an ache in your muscles? Rub a bit of warm almond oil into the sore spots, and you’ll find that the pain fades away. Almond oil contains natural analgesic properties, meaning it will help to soothe the pain in your muscles and joints.
- Nail enhancer –– Want to have healthier finger and toenails? Apply a bit of almond oil to your fingernails, and massage them on a daily basis. The zinc and potassium in the almond oil will strengthen and hydrate the nails, making them less likely to crack.
- Memory boost –– Take more almond oil and give your brain the fatty acids it needs! Almond oil contains lots of Omega-3 fatty acids, which your brain needs in order to function properly. Almond oil will also reduce inflammation and boost circulation in the brain, increasing your overall brain function.