Try these herbs for a healthier, happier you!
There are many amazing herbal remedies that will help you deal with all sorts of troubles–upset stomach, headaches, nausea, PMS symptoms, skin disorders, and the list goes on!
Here are a few of the best herbs to try today:
- Turmeric — This bad boy is known to reduce arthritis inflammation, helping you to manage joint pain. It may also help to prevent colon cancer and clear your brain of the plaque that may lead to Alzheimer’s.
- Ginger — It’s so much more than just a sore throat remedy! Ginger can also do wonders to deal with an upset stomach and keep your digestive tract working well. It’s also a powerful pain reliever, and it can lower your blood pressure effectively.
- Parsley — The chlorophyll in parsley will not only help to keep your breath smelling fresh and clean, but it will also be a useful remedy to lower blood pressure and prevent hypertension.
- Rosemary –– For a healthier heart, add more rosemary to your meals. The compounds in this herb make it a very heart-smart addition! It can also reduce the risk of carcinogens forming when you overcook meat, and may even prevent cancerous cells from affecting your DNA.
- Garlic –– Garlic does more than just provide antioxidants; it can also reduce your risk of developing a number of cancers.
- Cinnamon –– To control your blood sugar levels and reduce your risk of diabetes, add more cinnamon to your life. It’s even useful to help control cholesterol levels, keeping your heart healthy and strong.
- Coriander –– Got cholesterol levels that are giving you trouble? Instead of turning to medication, add more coriander to your life. It’s an anti-cholesterol remedy that can do the trick the natural way!
READ MORE: 10 Herbs for Headaches
- Chives –– Just like onions and garlic contain compounds to reduce your risk of cancer, so, too, chives can be a useful anti-cancer remedy to consider. Plus, they taste great in your food!
- Stinging Nettle –– Joint pain got you down? Use stinging nettle leaves to brew up a tea, and drink that tea (or rub it onto your joints) for some simple, natural pain relief. A great arthritis treatment to consider.
- Dandelion Leaf –– Making dandelion leaf tea is a great way to combat the effects of acid reflux or indigestion. Drinking this tea will help to settle your stomach and keep things regular.
- Bay Leaves –– Got a clogged sinus or a sinus infection? Drop a few bay leaves into a pot of boiling water, and inhale the steam. You’ll find that it will do wonders for your nose!
- Holy Basil — Don’t let the stress get to you! Take a tea made from holy basil leaves, and watch how it will combat your stress. As a bonus, it may even help to inhibit the formation of cancerous cells in your breasts.
- Sea Buckthorn — Worried about vaginal dryness? This herbal remedy increases the production of mucus, moisturizing your skin and combating dryness.
- St. John’s Wort —For a powerful anti-anxiety tea, brew up an infusion of tea using St. John’s Wort. It may even be enough to help you sleep better at night, thanks to its melatonin content.
- Rose — Did you know that rose petals can help to reduce PMS symptoms, specifically menstrual cramps and irritability? Rose oil can also be used in a diffuser as an anti-allergy, anti-asthma remedy that will work wonders!