All the health benefits of beets you’ve been looking for are right here!
Beets are one of the most amazing foods on the planet! After all, what other foods can change the color of you urine so spectacularly? You’ll find that eating beets will do more than making peeing fun, but it’s a veggie that offers a lot of health benefits.
Here are the main benefits you can expect from eating beets:
- Boost circulation — Thanks to the nitric oxide in beets, your blood vessels will be widened and thus allow more blood to flow. More blood flow means a much healthier body!
- Increase stamina — Nitric oxide helps to relax your blood vessels, ensuring that more oxygen can get to your muscles and organs. The more oxygen the tissue gets, the more efficiently it can function!
- Reduce blood pressure –– Studies have found that drinking beet juice can do wonders to reduce hypertension, in as little as six hours!
- Fight disease –– The phytonutrients in beets will help to fight disease and infection, as well as counter the production of illness-promoting toxins.
- Aid in detoxification –– Not only do beets contain healthy toxin-fighting antioxidants, but their natural fiber makes them very good at detoxifying your body.
- Improve digestion — The healthy fiber in beets will do wonders for your digestive tract, feeding the beneficial bacteria AND scrubbing out unhealthy wastes.
- Aid in liver function –– Beets contain both betaine and pectin, two compounds that help to detoxify your liver. The less toxins your liver contains, the better it will function!
- Boost sex drive –– Increasing circulation is one of the best way to boost your sex drive, and you’ll find that the boron in beets can even help post-menopausal women to have more desire.
- Fight inflammation –– Beets are rich in betalains, an antioxidant that can help to fight inflammation in the body–thereby reducing your risk of disease.
- Boost red blood cell production –– The iron in beets will increase your body’s ability to produce red blood cells, thus ensuring that more nutrients and oxygen are carried throughout your body.
READ MORE: Grilled Beet Salad
- Contain no fat –– Beets are NO-fat foods, so you can eat as much as you want without worrying about weight gain.
- Prevent heart disease –– The folic acid in beets can help to prevent heart disease, as well as helping to treat current heart problems.
- Promote healthy pregnancy –– Folic acid is one of the nutrients that pregnant mothers need in order to have a healthy pregnancy.
- Fight cancer –– Beets are rich in Vitamin C, one of the antioxidants that have been proven to have an effect on cancerous cells.
- Boost skin health –– Not only do beets contain the Vitamin C that is needed to produce more skin collagen, but they can help to detoxify your skin and reduce inflammation of skin cells.
- Improve eye health –– Beets are loaded with Vitamin A, which is necessary for healthy eyes.
- Reduce kidney cancer risk –– According to a study conducted by Dr. Oz, eating beets every day can seriously reduce your risk of developing kidney cancer.
- Aid in bile production –– Beets help your liver to produce more bile, which is needed for digestion but which also helps to keep your gallbladder healthy.
- Nourish your bones –– Beets are loaded with calcium, which is needed to keep your bones, teeth, and nails healthy and strong.
- Boost brain function –– By increasing your circulation, beets will ensure that your brain gets more nutrients and oxygen–the two things it needs to work better!