Skinny is as skinny does, so do what skinny do!
Skinny people are often skinny not because their bodies are genetically programmed to stay thin, but because they make healthy choices on a daily basis. Sure, there are always people that struggle to gain weight no matter how much they eat, but thanks to their lifestyle, diet, and exercise, they rarely have a problem with weight gain.
Start making the changes below into habits, and you may find yourself joining the ranks of “skinny”:
- Wake up earlier. This gives you more time for exercise before leaving to work.
- Eat more protein. Protein leads to muscle gain, which leads to fat burning.
- Eat less empty carbs. This is a habit that many skinny people make unconsciously, but it works!
- Eat more whole grains. Reaching for bran and brown rice always leads to a healthier body.
- Start the day off with a workout. This gets your metabolism firing and the calories burning.
- Combine weights with cardio. Cardio alone won’t lead to weight loss, but adding weights will help!
- Reduce coffee calories. Skinny people rarely indulge in that “double soy latte with extra foam”.
- Eat less. Cutting back on a few hundred calories a day can seriously help with weight loss.
- Snack right. Eat healthy, filling snacks throughout the day, and you’ll be less tempted to indulge on tasty, high-calorie foods.
- Walk around more. Skinny people tend to spend more time walking–to and from the car, around the office, through the shopping mall, etc.
- Make weekends active. Fit people love to spend the weekends doing outdoor athletic activities!
- Wear comfy clothes. The more comfortable you are, the more inclined you’ll be to get up and walk around.
- Drink water instead of soda. Soda is empty sugar and calories, and it can increase your risk of obesity MASSIVELY.
- Walk and talk. When talking on the phone or to a co-worker, make it a point to pace. You’ll burn more calories that way!
- Make lunch healthy. Not sure what to have for lunch? Skinny people usually make the healthier (more natural) choice.
- Avoid messaging/texting. If you can’t visit the person yourself, at least have the good sense to talk on the phone. Anything will burn more calories than sending a text.
- Eat more fiber. Fiber is the key to healthy digestion, but it also helps to fill you up and stop you from overeating.
- Add weight to your day. Carry a computer bag, a few extra shopping bags, or your kids’ backpacks. The lazy man’s load can help you burn more calories.
- Cut the grease. Cutting back on greasy, high fat foods can help you to reduce the number of calories per day.
- Spend more time shopping. Walk around your shopping mall, try on clothes, and be active for a few more hours.
- Get off the couch –– Nothing says “Fat” like spending a day in front of the TV or computer screen. Skinny gets off its butt and gets out of the house.
- Clean more. Ever noticed how thin people have cleaner houses? That’s because they spend more time cleaning– a great way to burn calories.
- Sleep more. The more you sleep, the better you’ll feel throughout the day, and the less tempted you’ll be to snack.
- Replace hefty salads with thin soups. There’s nothing better to start a meal than a good veggie soup–much better than a dressing-filled salad!
- Move it to lose it. The more you move, the more you’ll lose!