The best face scrubs for oily skin, period.
There is something just so refreshing about a good exfoliation. Literally shedding those old skin cells, getting rid of congested skin, and soaking off a little extra oil. The best face scrubs for oily skin need to balance exfoliation and being sensitive to your skin, and can be topped off with the best face serums. These are the top scrubs we know you’ll love.
Here’s something a bit silly. Some of the best face scrubs for oily skin are marketed exclusively for men. This doesn’t mean women can’t use them! You’ll just have to ignore the packaging and fragrance to enjoy the product.
Generally face scrubs will have micro-beads or other small exfoliants to manually slough off dead skin cells. Plastic micro-beads like this are making their way off the shelves in 2019, but other, biodegradable exfoliants will be taking their place.
Combo/oily skin tip! If you only have certain areas that need to be exfoliated (ie your T-zone) just scrub that area.
READ MORE: The Best Korean Face Wash Picks to Try Now
I love a good scrub around my nose and chin to help clear congestion, but the rest of my face doesn’t need it. This saves a bit more product, and helps to keep you from over exfoliating.
The Best Face Scrubs for Oily Skin:
- Cane + Austin Face & Body Retexture Scrub – One of my all time personal favorite scrubs. This uses ultra fine micro-beads to avoid sensitivity. It’s also packed with glycolic and salicylic acids to boost your dose of exfoliation.
- Ole Henriksen Pore Balance Facial Sauna Scrub – This scrub does it all! It has a warming and cooling feel to give you that spa experience, plus glycolic and lactic acids.
- Fresh Sugar Face Polish – For a little more of a natural approach try this simple scrub. It uses brown sugar and strawberries to exfoliate, brighten, and hydrate while exfoliating.
- Clinique Exfoliating Scrub – This is a great entry level scrub. If you are scared of over exfoliating, try this Clinique scrub once a week. It has refined micro-beads and salicylic acid to help keep your pores clear.
- Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub – This is one of those “guy brands” that anyone can use. Because it’s a two and one scrub and cleanser it’s particularly great for a face/neck/décolletage scrub.
- Origins GinZing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser – If you haven’t smelled anything from the GinZing line, get thee to a Sephora, ASAP. This scrub doubles as a cleanser too, with ultra gentle exfoliants.
- Kiehl’s Oil Eliminator Deep Cleaning Exfoliating Face Wash – You know those hot summer days when you’re oily and sweaty and need to feel CLEAN? This is the scrub for those days. It cleanses your skin and exfoliates with apricot seeds to have you feeling super clean and smooth.
- Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish – If you feel too tight or dry after using a face scrub, try this one from Laura Mercier. It uses a hydrating formula with macadamia seed oil to keep your skin feeling fresh.
Love this article? For more beauty, style, travel, and trending topics check out The Luxury Spot on Facebook. Like us and we’ll love you back!