Eat these foods to have better, more vivid dreams!
Did you know that eating the right foods can actually help you to have more dreams? Not only will you dream more, but your dreams can be far more vivid and creative. If you want to know how to dream more, check out the foods below:
- Tryptophan — Tryptophan can be found in turkey, soybeans, and lamb, along with kidney beans, tofu, and soy sauce. If you want to have more vivid dreams, studies have shown that tryptophan not only increases your likeliness of dreaming, but improves your quality of sleep as well. It’s the reason that you feel so sleepy after a heavy turkey dinner. You can no longer buy tryptophan as a supplement, but you can eat tryptophan-rich foods as a means of making your dreams better!
- Vitamin B6 –– A study conducted in 2002 discovered that taking just 250 milligrams of Vitamin B6 every day can help to make your dreams more vivid, colorful, and even bizarre. Pairing Vitamin B6 with tryptophan will be the key to having more vivid dreams, so it’s worth getting a Vitamin B6 supplement and taking it every day. Of course, overdosing on Vitamin B6 is very possible, so you should stick with no more than 100 milligrams per day. On the occasions when you want to really have wild dreams, you can take 250 milligrams, but make sure that you only do so ONCE IN A WHILE.
- 5-HTP — In order to produce serotonin, your body must first convert the tryptophan that you consume into 5-HTP, a chemical that is necessary for the production of serotonin. If you can find and take a 5-HTP supplement, you can skip the eating process altogether. You won’t need to eat a load of tryptophan-rich foods simply because you can get the 5-HTP directly from the source: the supplement.
READ MORE: Up Your Napping Game
- Rose Oil — Did you know that aromatherapy can help you to have more vivid dreams? The scent of rose oil stimulates the part of your brain that is responsible for your dreams, and it can help you to dream more vividly. There’s even a chance that inhaling rose oil can help to give you lucid dreams, or dreams when you are still partially awake or in control of your actions. Just rub a bit of the rose oil onto the sole of your foot, allowing it to be absorbed into your bloodstream. You can also burn rose oil aromatherapy candles or in an oil burner, the smell will help to trigger that dreamy side of your brain!
- Cheese — Studies have shown that eating cheese can help to give you vivid dreams. In fact, specific types of cheese can actually cause specific types of dreams. Cheddar cheese increases the chance that you will dream about celebrities, Lancashire cheese can give you dreams about your future, Red Leicester cheese can give you dreams about your past, Blue cheese can give you bizarre, colorful dreams, and Stilton can give you all sorts of wild dreams. Thanks to the tryptophan in cheese, you’ll have better, more colorful dreams!
- Spicy Foods — Food that is spicy can actually affect your dreams, though it does so by affecting the quality of your sleep. When you don’t enter the deep REM sleep, your dreams are restless and frustrating–echoing your body’s frustration at being unable to sleep. You may end up with nightmares and bad dreams thanks to the spicy food you eat before bed!
Want to know how to dream more? Eat these foods and see what they can do for you!