Ashwagandha is an amazing Indian herbal remedy that may just be the answer to your beauty ailments.
There are so many efficient herbal remedies around– and all from plants, flowers, and roots that grow right outside our front doors. The Earth provides an abundance of antibiotics, antiseptics, anti-aging, and free-radical-fighting plants to keep us healthy and spry.
One of the best herbal remedies around comes from India. The ashwagandha root (also known as Indian ginseng) has been used by Ayurvedic healers for centuries, and there are a lot of health benefits of ashwagandha that you should know about if you’re into natural healing, medicine, and overall natural health:
- Boost immune function — The ashwagandha root is one of the best supplements to take to keep your immune system working well. Not only does it help to increase the production of white blood cells in your body, but it can help your body to repair your immune system after a serious infection.
- Speed up healing –– If you have suffered a wound, a cut, a burn, or some other superficial injury, you may want to try making a poultice of ashwagandha root and applying it to the wound. Not only will it help to reduce your risk of infection, but it can speed up healing. You’ll find that the natural antifungal and antibacterial properties of the root will keep your wound clean and free of infection, while the circulation-boosting properties will ensure that your wound receives more blood flow to make the wound heal faster.
- Boost male sexual health –– For men who are trying to increase their sex drive and libido, Ashwagandha is a pretty awesome supplement to consider. Not only will it stimulate the flow of blood to all the right body parts, but it will help to increase both your sperm count and boost your fertility. Talk about the right supplement for the job! Note: Ashwagandha has been noted to REDUCE female fertility, which is why it’s recommended for men only.
READ MORE: 8 Natural Dandruff Remedies
- Increase energy –– Instead of drinking coffee or a Red Bull for your workouts, why not try ashwagandha in daily supplement form? Not only will it help to provide you with a small dose of energy (it contains no stimulants, but it will help to boost energy production), but it will also improve your respiratory and cardiovascular function. It’s an effective supplement to take for endurance or long-distance exercise. As a bonus, one of the best health benefits of ashwagandha is using it as a remedy for cancer patients (undergoing chemotherapy treatment) because it is said to help to reduce fatigue, boost their energy levels, and improve quality of life.
- Reduce stress — Stress can affect your life very negatively, reducing your energy levels, increasing fatigue, promoting overeating, and suppressing your immune system. Did you know that even hair loss is linked to stress? To deal with your stress, try ashwagandha root! This root can help to calm your mind, balance out your hormone levels, and prevent stress from affecting you. Just a few weeks of supplementing with ashwagandha will help you get stress-related physical effects under control. Even major supplement companies like Nutrafol are taking note of this incredible function, adding ashwagandha to their vitamin and mineral tablets to help promote healing, stress-recovery, and healthy hair growth.
- Boost brain function — Who doesn’t want to have a brain that works faster and more efficiently? Ashwagandha root contains powerful antioxidants that help to reduce toxin and free radical activity in your brain. Ashwagandha root extract can help to enhance your memory, increase your brain function, and protect your cells from age-related decline. Simply put, this means that it holds the potential to reduce your risk of disorders like Alzheimer’s and dementia.