Turns out it’s great to be naked!
Who doesn’t love being naked? Whether you’re naked in bed, in the shower, with your significant other, around the house, or even at a nude beach, there’s something wonderfully relaxing about taking off all your clothes! Turns out, there are a lot of health benefits as well:
- Prevent Infections — When you spend a lot of time in clothing, you tend to sweat a lot. Sweat breeds bacteria, increasing your risk of bacterial infections. By spending more time in the buff, you allow your body to air out–thereby reducing your risk of infections forming.
- Get More Vitamin D — The sun is the best source of Vitamin D, and what better way to get lots of sunlight than by allowing your entire body to soak it up? You’ll find that being naked outside will help you to get more Vitamin D, which will improve skin, bone, and organ health.
- Reduces Toxins –– Sweat eliminates a lot of toxins from your skin, but when you wear clothing, they soak up the toxins and allow your skin to reabsorb them. Those toxins can cause skin problems, but being naked will give your skin a chance to eliminate them for good!
- Improves Fertility –– You don’t just LOOK better when you walk around naked, but for men, it can be a way to improve their fertility. Clothes that are tight around the groin region can constrict blood flow to the genitalia, reducing both sperm quality and count and increasing your risk of fertility issues.
- Enhance Circulation –– Tight clothing (bra, underwear, elastic-waisted pants, etc.) put pressure on your body, and they can actually reduce your circulation. By taking off all those clothes, you allow your blood to flow free once again.
READ MORE: Best Places to Go Topless in NYC
- Boost Brain Function — A number of studies have discovered that going naked is a great way to prevent Alzheimer’s disease and increase your brain function. Oddly enough, the soles of the human feet help to prevent aging and increase the flexibility of your brain.
- Relaxes You –– Did you know that being naked is akin to getting a massage? Lying in bed naked helps to increase blood flow throughout your body, making it easier to detoxify your system and reduces the burden on your nervous system.
- Increase Self-Confidence — There’s something about being naked that forces you to face your flaws in the mirror. Eventually, you’ll become more comfortable in your own skin, and things won’t look so bad. With time, your body image will change, and you’ll see yourself in a very different, more positive light.
- Reduce Clothing Costs/Waste — The world spend an estimated $17.6 billion per year on swimsuits alone, so imagine how much money is spent on other items of clothing. Going naked more often will help you to spend much less on clothing, thereby increasing the amount of money you save each year. Plus, less clothing purchased means less clothing thrown into dumps or incinerators once it is worn out.
- Up Your Tolerance Level –– We’re not talking about tolerance for alcohol or stimulants, but we’re talking about tolerance for others and their ways of life. In one study done in Florida, researchers discovered that pro-nudity students had a much easier time accepting the gay/lesbian/alternative way of life than anti-nudity students, as well as the ethnic and religious differences of others.
Sounds like some pretty great reasons to get naked to me!