Toast & eggs. A time-honored American tradition, curing hunger & hangovers for generations. Class up your Sunday morning feast with a little parmesan cheese, and a molded architectural take on the egg sandwich structure.
Serves 4 — recipe via Sweet Paul’s
- tablespoons salted butter
- 8 slices of wheat bread
- 8 medium eggs
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan
Preheat oven to 375F( 200C)
- Butter a 8-cup muffin tin.
- Butter the bread and press each slice, buttered side up into the cups.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the tin out and crack one egg into each bread cup.
- Pour a little cream over each egg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes or until the egg whites is set.
- Take each cup out and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serve with a nice green salad.
Photo: Colin Cooke