Oregano oil uses are plenty because it’s one of the best natural antibiotics available.
There are many wonderful essential oils that can offer a wide range of healing and health benefits. Oregano is a simple herb, but its oil is one of the most potent, antioxidant-rich oils on the planet. “Oregano oil is a powerful antimicrobial,” explains Sarah Jacobs, Holistic Nutritional Counselor and CoFounder of The Wellness Project NYC. “It’s been purported to cure athlete’s foot, nail infections, and other fungal infections like Candida, also known as yeast, but it should never be used on broken skin, as it’s extremely potent and can be irritating. Try Putting drops in water and soaking the affected area.”
Here are some of the amazing oregano oil uses to try:
- Fight infection — Oregano oil is one of the best immune-boosting supplements around. Not only can it help to protect your body from germs, but it may be able to prevent E.coli and Salmonella infections, making it one of the most loved natural antibiotics available at most natural health stores. “As it’s an antimicrobial, diluting a few drops in water or juice can help fight off the common cold. And aside from fighting infection internally, it’s great for symptoms of the common cold, as well. Used with steam inhalation it can clear congestion.”
- Provide essential nutrients –– Oregano oil is packed with nutrients like zinc, magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, iron, niacin, manganese, copper, potassium, and the list goes on. These are all nutrients essential to your health!
- Regulate menstruation –– Oregano oil can help to regulate periods and prevent long, painful, irregular, and uncomfortable periods. It may even help to reduce the symptoms of menopause!
- Aid in digestion –- Oregano is so much more than just an herb to add flavor to your food; it’s also an amazing digestive aid! Oregano oil helps to stimulate the flow of bile into your digestive organs, providing the acid needed to break down the food you eat. Thanks to oregano oil, you can have a much healthier digestive system. “It also is a powerful anti-inflammatory, so it may help ease some unfortunate stomach issues.”
- Cleanse your body –– It’s nearly impossible to avoid toxins and chemicals in the highly-processed, highly artificial food we eat these days. But oregano oil can prevent those chemicals and toxins from causing problems. Oregano oil is a detoxifying agent that can get rid of harmful chemicals and free radicals, eliminating unwanted organisms from your body. “As it’s good for killing off fungus and viruses, it can be great for balancing the bacteria within the intestinal tract.”
READ MORE: 6 Healthiest Oils to Eat Raw
- Combats aging –– As you age, your body stops functioning as efficiently, and it begins to shut down slowly. The effects of antioxidants, chemicals, and toxins can take their toll, leading to reduced system function. But oregano oil can help to fight the effects of aging, specifically by providing antioxidants that can protect your body from oxidative stress.
- Aid in weight loss — Well, isn’t that just amazing? Not only will oregano oil provide your body with a lot of antioxidants, but it can even help to fight body fat! The oil contains carvacrol, which is believed to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. All in all, it’s a handy remedy to try if your goal is to drop a few pounds.
- Reduce allergic reactions –– If you are suffering from hypersensitivity to pollen, dust, food, or any number of things, why not try oregano oil as a natural remedy to deal with the allergies? Oregano oil provides a soothing effect, and works as a sort of sedative to help reduce irritation and inflammation.
- Fight colds –– Don’t let flu season hit you hard! Oregano oil won’t cure colds, but it will help your body to toughen up. It will boost your immune system and give you another layer of protection against the viruses and bacteria that would try to invade your body.
- Reduce pain –– If you suffer from chronic pain, stiffness in your joints, or aches, oregano oil makes for a wonderful pain remedy. Applying it directly to the painful area will provide immediate relief, helping to reduce the discomfort of sore muscles and aching joints. Whether you’re dealing with arthritis, sports injuries, or sore muscles, it’s worth a try!