The best fiber rich foods to eat your way to a slimmer waist.
Fiber is a very important part of your weight loss efforts! Not only does it help to fill you up (preventing you from eating more than you should), but it also increases your metabolism and helps you burn more calories. If you’re trying to lose weight, you should definitely add more fiber to your diet.
Here are a few fiber rich foods to help you lose weight:
- Oranges — Oranges are loaded with dietary fiber, along with plenty of Vitamin C and antioxidants. They’re one of the best fruits to eat to get more fiber in your diet!
- Celery –– Few foods are as high in fiber and low in calories as celery. Not only will they help you to fill up more quickly, but they’ll suppress your appetite as well. Best of all, they’re a quick and easy snack you can enjoy anytime!
- Apples –– Apples contain pectin, a metabolism-boosting form of dietary fiber that will promote weight loss. Not only are apples fairly low in calories, but just the smell of green apples can help to suppress your appetite. Have an apple 20 minutes before a meal, and you’ll eat far less.
- Brown rice –– Brown rice is one of the healthiest grains around, thanks to its high fiber, vitamin, and mineral content. It’s especially rich in B vitamins, which will give your metabolism a boost and help you to burn more calories.
- Quinoa –– Not only is quinoa incredibly rich in fiber, but it’s also an amazing source of protein! You’ll find that quinoa contains a balance of nutrients that few other foods do, making it one of the best diet-friendly foods on the planet.
- Nuts –– For those who want to stave off hunger, there’s nothing better than nuts. A handful of nuts is high in fats, protein, minerals, and fiber, helping you to avoid those hunger pangs and satiating your body’s desire for food.
READ MORE: 9 Health Benefits of Falafel
- Oats –– Oats are rich in fiber and healthy fats, and they’re fairly low in calories compared to other grains. The oats will expand in your stomach, filling you up and stopping you from eating more than you should. Definitely a weight loss-friendly food!
- Cabbage –– Few veggies are as effective for weight loss as cabbage! Cabbage contains a ton of dietary fiber, but almost no calories. You can eat cabbage by the bowl-full, and you’ll promote effective weight loss.
- Carrots –– Yet another high fiber food, carrots are also rich in Vitamin A. Eating more carrots will not only promote weight loss, but it will give your eyes and skin the nutrients needed to be healthy.
- Hummus –– Hummus is made from chickpeas, which are incredibly rich in fiber. For those who want a perfect dip for their snacks, hummus is definitely the way to go. It’s an excellent source of protein as well, making it an awesome weight loss food!
- Pears –– Pears are also rich in pectin, just like apples, making them one of the best weight loss fruits to eat. They’re also very effective at suppressing your appetite, so you should definitely add them to your weight loss diet.
- Broccoli –– While broccoli doesn’t contain as much fiber as some of the other veggies on this list, it’s still one of the best weight loss foods. Broccoli is loaded with Vitamin C, iron, folic acid, and other vital nutrients, and you’ll find that adding more of it to your diet is a key to effective weight loss!