You can wear as much make-up and hair styling gel as you want, but real beauty comes from healthy hair and skin. When your hair and skin are in their best shape, it’s easy for your natural beauty to shine through. Here are 5 great products that’ll help keep your skin glowing and your hair glistening – especially during the dreadful cold and dry months of winter.
1. Johnson’s Coco and Shea Body Butter Creamy Moisturizer – I’ve used this lotion for years. It’s fantastic right after a shower and will keep your skin hydrated all day long. Also soothes dry itchy skin instantaneously.
2. Skin Perfection Gel by Per-fékt – I love apply this over my daily face cream. I’m pale as fuck so I use “luminous.” A little bit really does go a long way to even your skin tone. It’s also a great primer.
3. Feed Your Do by Yarok – Organic and light as air, this styling whip will not only whip your hair into shape, but will also keep your hair soft.
4. Miracle Worker by philosophy – I may be in my late 20s and wrinkles free (thankyaverymuch) but I’ve been on a serious skin regimen since my early teen years thanks to a narcissistic mother who believed a woman’s face was everything. Although I don’t necessarily agree with her logic, she is right about one thing, the key to keeping your face ageless is keeping it hydrated. It’s oil-free and best goes on under your face cream of choice.
5. Marilyn Hair Moisturizer by LUSH – I know it says it’s for blondes (cough cough) but it won’t hurt your darker hair. Apply it like a deep conditioner BEFORE you shampoo. Yup, put it in your dirty hair and hang out for 20 minutes. Rinse and wash your hair as per usual after. I also like to use a little as a quick fix to frizzy and dry ends.